The myth of the lone genius…
You know them. Hard workers who think they can take on the world singlehandedly. But, five, ten, fifteen years later, they are worn out and pitied by their colleagues.
Contrast this with professionals who spend their career collaborating, influencing, and advancing their industry.
As a member of IEST you are the latter…
…you have many years
to develop your legacy
and influence your industry.
But today we are asking you to help someone else—another IEST Member or industry professional—develop their legacy and grow their industry influence.
With that in mind, tell us:
- Who would be a great leader for IEST?
- Who is on your personal “Industry Wall of Fame”?
- Who needs to sit at the helm of our ship as we navigate into the future?
- Who deserves the next prestigious IEST Technical Award?
- Which young professionals should be stepping up into leadership rolls, receiving the mentoring that will bring them to the highest levels of professional achievement?
Think for a moment of all the leaders and achievers you have met through IEST, and then take just a moment to nominate one or two:
Please take just a few minutes to help us in this way. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions).
As you know, IEST is a not-for-profit professional association focused on world progress through the advancement of knowledge and the creation of world leading standards and best practice documents…
…Please “volunteer” just 10 minutes of your time
and help support our cause
(you may not think so, but this simple act
is critical to our future success):
- Nominate a Board Candidate now (or have someone nominate you)
- Recommend an IEST Award Recipient
Nomination Deadlines: December 1, 2015
Note: The Board is seeking nominations for five open positions:
- President-elect – After one year of service, the President-elect automatically becomes the President in July, and serves a third year as Past President. Candidates for President-elect must have served at least one previous term on the Executive Board.
- Membership Vice President
- Technical Vice President (Design, Test and Evaluation/Product Reliability)
- Education Vice President (Contamination Control)
- Vice President of Planning